Attention dogs with injuries, Arthritis or Chronic Pain
Now there is Meloxidyl!
- Dogs and cats experience pain the same way humans do. That’s why veterinarians try to identify and minimize pain, and increase patient comfort by offering pain medication.
- If you have a dog suffering from osteoarthritis or a cat about to undergo certain surgical procedures, then you should know about Meloxidyl.
- Meloxidyl offers an easy, effective way to relieve pain in both of these situations.
Meloxidyl is a NSAID – (A Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug).
- It is the only NSAID available as an oral suspension.
- This liquid form allows easy, convenient, and precise dosing for dogs of all sizes, and it is given only once a day.
We have been using NSAIDs for many years at KAH. Now we recommend Meloxidyl!
For most dogs Meloxidyl is:
- Less expensive
- Meloxidyl is a honey flavored liquid
- As a liquid the dose of Meloxidyl is easily and accurately adjusted.
- With tablets, you are either under or overdosing your dog.
- Meloxidyl is excreted by the kidney and should not be given to dogs with impaired kidney function.
Rimadyl® & Deramaxx® patients – Ask your Kirkwood Animal Hospital Veterinarian about Meloxidyl for arthritis and pain control.
Also see our webpage about Therapeutic Laser Treatments– a non-pharmaceutical, Non-invasive method of treating pain.